1) Carbondale should have given WDBX the money for an emergency generator. Although River Radio did a very good job covering all of Southern Illinois, WDBX could have easily provided its listeners with a more focused broadcast– with less ads for treecare and Idol-style bar events! Hopefully, WDBX will seek this money again soon.
2) Arbor Day should be freakin’ outlawed.
3) Having a gas range is wonderful. Who cooked full dinners every night by candlelight? I did! Being a vegetarian also helps– no need to rush all my meat to the grill.
4) Southern Illinois has about a million ways to pronounce “derecho”.
5) Chainsaw 101… Don’t stand on the log. Don’t cut above your head. When in doubt, finagle random strangers into helping with the promise of food.
Here’s some photos for you to enjoy: